Gnome Pattern Templates (at end of instructions)
Medium – Heavy Weight Paper
Child Safe Tacky Clear Drying Glue
Fine Tip Black Marker
Techniques to Know
Tracing & Cutting
1. Print, trace, and cut out pattern template pieces on medium or heavy weight paper.
2. Decide what color foam sheets you want to use for the various parts of your gnome. Trace pattern pieces onto the back side of the adhesive foam sheets and cut them out.
3. Remove adhesive backing from the gnome beard and press it onto the gnome body.
4. Remove a strip of adhesive backing from the bottom of the gnome hat (where it will attach to the gnome beard) and press it onto the top of the gnome beard.
5. Remove adhesive backing from the large Valentine heart and press it onto the middle of the gnome beard.
6. Remove the section of adhesive backing from the gnome feet (where they will attach to the bottom of the gnome body). Press the feet onto the bottom of the gnome body.
7. Remove adhesive backing from the back of the gnome hands and press them onto the gnome body so they are “holding” each side of the large Valentine heart. Trim any excess off the arm end of the hands so they line up with the sides of the gnome body.
8. Remove the adhesive backing from the back of the small hearts and press them onto the hat.
9. Use child safe tacky clear drying glue to glue a pom pom nose onto the gnome. Allow glue to dry.
10. Use a fine tip marking pen to write your Valentine greeting on the large heart.
11. Repeat steps 2-10 to make several gnome Valentines.